Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Counting Down

If Little Miss were older, I'd probably have made her a paper chain for her to count down the days till our big adventure East! Each morning we'd wake up and tear off one more link and count how many we'd have left.

Today....there would be 4 left.

4 days. 96 hours. 5,760 minutes...and counting. That's not much time left. But it is what we have, and I'm grateful to have 4 more days with my friends. I'm thankful God has allowed me 9 years here to build friendships and find my place of belonging. I'm thankful He directs my steps and I don't have to guess! Boy would that be chaotic!

Yesterday was a major packing day here in this house! Taryn so graciously took Little Miss for the day and Lacey came over and helped us pack! The kitchen is complete and Cheyenne packed up all his clothes. Literally ALL!!! He forgot we still had a couple days still and was so focused!! Good thing I hadn't finished the pile of laundry or you'd have seen him in the same thing for the next 4 days! Today I continued and got the laundry room all packed. 2 complete rooms down, 4 more to go! :) Little Miss's room is nearly done! That kid has more stuffed animals and books than I've seen in one room before!! She must be our child!! :)

It's strange to think that 9 years of our lives can be packed up into boxes. But as Cheyenne loves to remind me "it's all going to burn"! :) Yes that's true, but for now, I'll treasure it all! :)

Sleep has become elusive lately for me. Lots on my mind obviously. I've lain awake staring up at the ceiling praying about all the worries (casting them on God), for my family spread all over the country & world, for my friends who will have to carry on life without us next week, for my husband who so valiantly provides and leads our family, committing all my ways to my Lord.

Psalm 37:5 "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act."

2 comments:

  1. Change is hard but look with excitement on the new friends you are going to meet and the incredible new ways you will find to keep up with the current friends you have. Enjoy the journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanking God for your family and praying right along with you in the middle of the night! Kansas has NO idea what jewels it is receiving in you, Chy, and your Little Miss! :) Our hearts are heavy but we know that God is LARGE and in charge of your move, and for that, we are grateful. Love to you 3. Let's continue on that journey together, even if it is long distance!

    ReplyDelete