Sunday, July 15, 2012

There's no place like Home

"There's no place like home! There's no place like home! There's no place like home!"


I'm sitting in my nice big kitchen waiting for my first Kansas Pie to finish baking so that I can go to bed! I'm getting back to my roots of late night baking and loving it!! I'm also joined by a million and one tiny bugs flying around that managed to escape INTO my nice safe home through the space in the doggie door seal. I hate bugs. I think I might throw my elbow or shoulder out trying to swat them all away. Did I mention that I STRONGLY dislike bugs??!! 

We are coming up on nearly 2 weeks here. TWO weeks here, wow that's absolutely nuts, crazy and who-would-have-thought, definitely different to hear myself say. 

I'd say we jumped right in, making this house our home. More and more boxes are disappearing every day, as shelves and cupboards are being filled. We still have a couple rooms that are basically empty, still waiting for a strike of genius to magically decorate them!! :) Fairy godmother where are you? 

I know that none of the promised pictures are being shared and posted, but I've good reason! My computer hard drive is full and I can't download my phone picture or camera in order to and I've too many to upload directly from phone to blog! So that's my project for this week! Amongst other productive activities!

Today is the first day I'm starting to feel like myself. I came down with some sort of virus when we arrived (Karis too sadly), and between feeling like I'd been run over by the train (it literally runs along our driveway), and throat so sore I couldn't swallow easily, not to mention the awesome spots that showed up all over me that made me look like a walking poster for either measles or chicken pox (don't worry folks they weren't anything serious!), I was NOT feeling like Alison. Last night I finally could swallow for the first time in 10 days that didn't feel like I was trying to swallow a softball, and today I had enough energy to enjoy Karis finally walking around (yippee!!!!) and baked a pie!


Well, pie is out! My arms hurt from swatting away bugs, and I should get to sleep!!!  

Goodnight world!

No comments:

Post a Comment